Carrier Grade Data Retention
Utimaco Data Retention Suite
Utimaco Data Retention Suite is a carrier-grade, cost-effective solution for compliance with telecom data retention regulations.
With Utimaco Data Retention Suite (DRS) telecommunications operators and Internet service providers can efficiently access and retain all traffic data (CDR, IPDR), subscriber data and network data in virtually any type of network.
Automated workflows for warrant and request processing help mitigate the risk of non-compliance and minimize total-cost-of-ownership.
- Reduced TCO — Investment costs are reduced by data compression, avoidance of data duplication and by the use of low-cost industry standard hardware. The automated workflow system minimizes operational expenses and is prepared for seamless evolution of the operator’s network and services.
- Assured Compliance — Utimaco DRS assists network operators and service providers to become and stay compliant with evolving and challenging obligations of data protection and homeland security. It helps reduce the risk of unauthorized access, data manipulation, and ensures timely response to law enforcement agencies.
- Future-Proof — Utimaco DRS is purpose-built and is designed to continuously accommodate the latest regulatory requirements and international standards. The modular architecture and the comprehensive service offerings of Utimaco assure compliance at predictable costs for today and tomorrow.
Download the Data Retention Suite brochure for more information.
Comprehensive security features like role-based access control, encryption and integrity checks prevent unauthorized access and manipulations of sensitive data during storage and handover. Full audit trails are maintained for all system and user events to provide full accountability for evidential quality.
- Granular rights management
- Remote access via https (password, certificate)
- Full audit trail (encrypted)
- Data integrity protection
- Encrypted storage (optional)
- Hardened operating system
Download the Utimaco Data Retention data sheet for full technical specification.
The modular architecture of the Utimaco Data Retention Suite facilitates cost-effective extension and adaptation to new technologies and regulatory requirements. Utimaco Data Retention Suite is designed to meet the needs of a global audience.
Data retention services
Data retention services
We understand that Data Retention is not simply about purchasing hardware and software – it’s about meeting national legal requirements and technical demands.
Our services, support and resources help you comply with the law while minimizing the costs and efforts of installation and operation, now and in the future.
Utimaco provides worldwide services including 24x7 technical assistance, online support, onsite training and installation services and works together with worldwide operating regional service partners.
- High Performance and Capacity — Utimaco DRS has been optimized for simultaneous loading of big data volumes and fast query processing. The system can ingest several billion data records per day, supporting the transaction rates generated by large telecommunications networks with millions of subscribers. Average query results are returned within seconds not minutes.
- Seamless Integration — Utimaco DRS has been designed for seamless integration into existing multi-vendor and multi-service networks. The solution can be customized easily to interface with CDR/IPDR systems, log files, subscriber databases and other network nodes.
- Multi-Tenancy — One Utimaco DRS system can be used to administer warrants and search requests for multiple network operators and service providers. The granular rights management system of Utimaco DRS can be configured to securely segregate between networks, users and authorities, thereby supporting various business models like MVNO models, managed services, or cross-border service platforms.
- High-Availability — Server cluster, hardware redundancy, RAID-5 data mirroring, and real-time system monitoring are integral concepts of Utimaco DRS and satisfy the highest availability demands and highest disaster resilience.
- Data Analysis — Utimaco DRS easily integrates with 3rd Party visualization and analysis tools such as IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook®.