LIMS - a Carrier-grade LI Solution
The Utimaco Lawful Interception Management System (LIMS) is a state-of-the-art monitoring solution for fixed and mobile networks. It helps telecom operators and Internet service providers fulfill their legal obligation to intercept calls and data while maintaining maximum privacy protection.
Utimaco LIMS enables target-based monitoring of public communications services including telephone calls, mobile data and Internet-based services such as e-mail, Voice-over-IP, instant messaging and others. The system acts as a bridge or mediator between the service provider’s network and the law enforcement’s monitoring centers. Strong security provisions prevent unauthorized access, secure all private user data and facilitate security audits by comprehensive logging.
Utimaco LIMS highlights at a glance:
- Intercepts all kinds of public communications services in real-time, including phone and video calls, messages (SMS, MMS), faxes, e-mails, VoIP, VoLTE, file transfers and other Internet services.
- Supports all networks: 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G wireless, fixed networks, DSL, Cable, WLAN, WiMAX, PON
- Integrates seamlessly with more than 300 types of core network nodes by all leading vendors
- Strong access control and privacy protection
- High availability, and disaster recovery setup
- Multitenant support
- Scalable and extensible to process tens of gigabit per second
- Fully standards-compliant (ETSI, 3GPP, ANSI/ATIS, Cablelabs)
Utimaco LIMS offers a host of compelling benefits for telecom service providers and network operators:
- Low operational costs due to centralized administration of warrants and intercepts
- Highest security standards to prevent misuse and unauthorized access
- Seamless integration into existing networks, with fast time-to-market and best value for money
- Universal for all types of public communication services and networks
- Certified legal compliance
for LIMS bundled databases, with/without strong encryption
System monitor for redundant LIMS systems
LIMS Disaster Recovery
for geo-redundant LIMS systems with warm-standby
LIMS Remote Access Interface
Option for remote LIMS access
LIMS HI-Test Tool
Test tool for the validation of intercepted data
LIMS Remote Provisioning Unit
for Dell Optiflex Workstations
Option for dynamic load balancing
Option for secure user authentication per RADIUS, RSA, Windows DC
LIMS Security Server
Integration of the Utimaco Security Servers for hardware-based encryption
Option for strong encryption of sensitive data
Designed for modern Networks
FOR MOBILE NETWORKS
- Integrates with any 2G, 3G, 4G network
- Prepared for 5G and NFV
FOR FIXED NETWORKS
- Supports with all kind of DSL, cable, fiber and fixed wireless networks
- Active and passive interception methods
- Supports a large range of communication services
- IMS, VoLTE, NB-IOT, RCS, E-Mail, OTT messaging, VoIP, Inflight Internet and others
Utimaco is advocate and active supporter of international telecom standards and participates in LI standardization by ETSI and 3GPP. Utimaco LIMS complies with a large range of international LI standards:
- ETSI: ETSI TS 101 671 (voice), ETSI TS 101 331 (generic), ETSI ES 201 158 (generic), ETSI TS 102 232-1 to 102 232-7 (IP, e-mail, VoIP)
- ANSI/ATIS: J-STD-025-A/B (voice, CDMA), T1.678v2 (VoIP), ATIS-1000013.a.2009 (IAS), T1.724 (UMTS), ATIS-0700005 (IMS/VoIP), TIA-1072 (PoC)
- 3GPP: 3GPP TS 33.106, 3GPP TS 33.107, 3GPP TS 33.108 (UMTS)
- PacketCable: PacketCable v1.5 (Cable)
Utimaco understands that LI management is not simply about purchasing hardware and software. It is also about meeting national regulatory requirements and keeping up with technical developments.
Our customized professional services and experienced technical support staff help you to comply with telecommunication laws while minimizing the costs and efforts of installation and operation, now and in the future.
Utimaco provides services worldwide, including 24/7 technical assistance, online support, on-site training, and installation services. We operate a global network of regional service partners to assist you.
Contact us for your customized service proposal.