Real-time call conversion and transcoding
Utimaco LIMS Gateway
The Utimaco LIMS Gateway is a powerful, yet cost-effective media gateway appliance fully integrated with the Utimaco Lawful Interception Management System (Utimaco LIMS™).
The LIMS Gateway converts intercepted calls between SS7/ISDN and VoIP networks. It supports all common voice codecs including transcoding and protects calls by comprehensive access control and encryption features.
In combination with Utimaco LIMS the gateway mediates intercepted calls in compliance with common LI standards, such as ETSI TS 102 232-5 and TS 101 671.
PSTN and VoIP protocols:
- SS7 ISUP signaling with several national variants (ITU, ANSI, Bellcore, UK, China, India and Russia)
- ISDN (ITU, ETSI, ANSI)
- SIP (RFC3261, RFC 3261), RTP
- SIGTRAN M2UA (RFC 3331)
- SCTP (RFC 2960)
- T. 38 Fax Relay
- G.168-2002 with 128ms tail
DTMF Detection and Generation:
- RFC2833 Tone relay
- DTMF detection and generation
- The Utimaco LIMS Gateway avoids costly network upgrades and changes at the LEMF by realtime conversion, mediation, buffering and transcoding of calls
- LIMS gateway is offered as a cost-efficient turn-key appliance
- LIMS Gateway supports a large range of voice codecs and can be configured for multiple use cases and network environments
- LIMS gateway scales for hundreds and thousands of concurrent calls by adding E1/T1 trunk cards and appliances
- LIMS Gateway supports multiple signaling and media protocols including national variants. The handover interface is fully compliant to common ETSI standards